Keokuk County Health Center has a job opening for a qualified Med/Peds physician in Sigourney, IA.
Practice Type: Employee | Setting: Traditional
Accept J1 Visa? Yes | Accept H1B Visa? Yes | Requires BE? Yes | Requires BC? Yes
- Full Time
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
- New Graduates Welcome
- Average patients seen: 15 – 18
- Call Schedule: 1:6
- Loan Repayment
- Sign-On Bonus: $10000
- Compensation: Very Competitive Salary | Quality Bonus | Relocation Assistance | Student Loan Repayment with multiyear agreement, or Retention Annual Allowance
- Benefits: Full benefits | Pension plan through the state with matching | flex spending and employee discount on health services at the facility
- Additional Information: Move to a rural community where the people are “just naturally friendlier” | Sigourney, Iowa is a viable community with residents who strive hard to keep a small-town quality of life | We have several recreational locations including the Belva Deer Recreation Area, the North and South Skunk Rivers, the English River, Yenruogis, and several community parks | The available recreational activities include camping, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, boating, swimming, horseback riding, and more | We are located 1.5 hours from Des Moines, IA, 2 hours from Davenport, IA, 3 hours from Peoria, IL, and 5 hours from Chicago, IL
Keokuk County Health Center is a tax-exempt, 25 bed Critical Access Hospital (CAH). It has been providing quality healthcare since our founding in 1954. It is our mission to provide quality and compassionate care. We believe the best way to achieve this goal is to keep our patient’s needs in mind and to keep our well staff trained. We are accredited by the state of Iowa as a level IV Trauma Care Center. We became a CAH in 2001.
KCHC is operated by an elected 7 member board of trustees, who are elected for 6-year terms and meet monthly. The trustees are responsible for everything covering health center operations, including but not limited to the care of the building and grounds, control and supervision of all staff physicians; nurses and other employees.